[port-peer-review] review

Review
--------
Paper:   Making Dough's Dream Come True
Author:  Aldo de Moor    (01)

Dear Aldo,    (02)

There is no doubt about that collaboration activities
should be supported. I think that simple tools like email,
possibly extended with filtering and routing facilities
should be preferred. I also agree with you that any
collaboration may need some form of a common ontology
like a lexicon or some implementation of a web of definitions
and agreements. However, I do believe that, due to the dynamic
nature of collaboration and communication, the problem of
providing automatic tools for such definitions is more deeply
related to the fundamental problem of knowledge representation
than it is generally recognized. It seems me unlikely that existing
methods like conceptual graphs and concept lattices could be
the solution for this problem.    (03)

But your paper is not focusing exclusively on automatic tools.
What you call a `socio-technical-system' is a tool involving
human communication processes, their organization and support.
The realization of a pragmatic web will certainly need such
tools and your paper seems to suggest the primary importance
of human processes, and the secondary one of the automatic tools
like ontologies. Such an approach to knowledge representation
is certainly practical. Nevertheless, it may only provide a
temporary solution. A reason for this, I think, is that the use
of any kind of automatic tool requires _some_ formalization of
knowledge. Therefore, on the long term, we will need to address
the basic questions of knowledge representation like
`how knowledge emerges', `how knowledge can be ordered' and
`how formal and human (cognitive) concepts of knowledge are
related'. I also believe that a stepwise approach for finding a
solution for the problem of knowledge representation may not
work. There is a need for a paradigmatical change.    (04)

Your anonymous referee,    (05)

Janos Sarbo    (06)