Concept Maps? Re: [port-peer-review] reviews

At 11:06 PM 6/26/2002 +1000, Phillipe Martin wrote:
>This is why I conclude my paper by "It may be that a future easier-to-use
>and less knowledge-oriented version of WebKB-2 is required" (for PORT).
>And I was thinking about concept maps, although I do not like them.    (01)

I know, this is off topic wrt peer-review, but I raise it here in hopes
that it might start a thread (elsewhere?). The review comment to which I
reply was rich in content and ideas, but, in my usual nonlinear fashion, I
stopped dead in my read to focus on this...
         "...concept maps, although I do not like them."    (02)

Given that PORT is about finding the right mix of technologies (my
interpretation) with which to complete collaborative tasks, I must ask
what's not to like about concept maps?    (03)

Jack    (04)

XML Topic Maps: Creating and Using Topic Maps for the Web.
Addison-Wesley, ISBN 0-201-74960-2.    (05)